Debra Hildebrand has a 20-year career in management consulting that includes delivering projects in the public sector. Her consulting specialties include business process reengineering, project management, training, organizational change management and quality assurance oversight. Her experience includes engagements in the health and human resources, transportation, procurement, and revenue agencies across Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, and Puerto Rico.
In the last seven years Debra has held adjunct professor appointments with the University of Washington and Stanford University. She is the architect of the University of Washington Project Management Certification program, which includes content for both traditional and agile methodologies. Additionally, Debra has taught Operations Management and Business Project Management courses at the UW Bothell Business School. At Stanford, Debra developed and teaches two courses: Introduction to Project Management and Introduction to Agile Project Management. This experience includes producing over 200 educational videos on project management. Her other relevant training experience includes:
- IT Project Management certificate course on EdX for the University of Washington
- CAPM, PMP and PMI-ACP exam prep training
- Instructed courses at City University of Seattle: PM 409 Leadership and Teams, BSC 307 The Effective Organization, and BUS 304 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
Public Agency Project Experience:
- Washington State DSHS, DOR and HCA
- Oregon DOT, DMV, DHS, and DAS
- Wyoming DFS
- Colorado DHS
- Idaho Transportation Department
- Puerto Rico DHHS
- King County LHWMP
- Full Lifecycle Project Management
- Program & Portfolio Management
- Training Development and Instruction
- Agile Project Management
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- Business Process Reengineering
- Workshop Design and Facilitation
Debra led the Organizational Restructure of the Civil Rights division for Oregon Department of Transportation. This included a great deal of Organizational Change Management activities.
As a Senior Project Manager for a business process redesign project for the WA State Health Care Authority agency, Debra led the team facilitating process redesign workshops to develop a new project management framework for the agency.
Education and Interests:
Debra holds a Master of Business Administration from Columbia University and is PMI (PMP) Certified.
She is the mother of four and the grandmother of two adorable girls. Debra enjoys golf, scuba and travel to destinations in the sun.